Better Meetings for Everyone™
Volume 12, Issue 4
Publisher: Jana M. Kemp
- Today’s Agenda: Holiday Meeting Motivators
- Seen Elsewhere and Meeting Quotes
- Tools & Tips
Holiday Meeting Motivators
This time of year, inspiring people to attend one more meeting at work, after work, or on a weekend is a challenge. Social life gets busier and attention spans get even shorter.
Try these meeting motivators, now and throughout the year.
1. Focus on content. Keep meetings short and concise. Make decisions and agree on whom will take action on each item.
2. Offer healthy food options in addition to the standard sugar-foods.
3. Express thanks and appreciation for work done recently and throughout the year.
4. Include a fun-factor the team can rally around: clothing a family, decorating the office, participating in a secret-Santa, or sharing one New Year’s resolution.
Whatever you do to motivate meeting attendance, also inspire action and follow-through. Without follow-through, a meeting’s discussion often amounts to wasted time and to hard-feelings. So choose meeting motivators that work for your team and then follow-through.
“When you speak, speak up. If people can’t hear you they won’t listen to you.” – unknown
“My advice is this: Bring in a facilitator.” – Janine Bay, November 2000 Fast Company magazine.
Looking for Workshops you can Teach?
Expert training curriculum designer Susan Otto, in Kentucky, has modules ready-for-use. Check out your options and save design time. These workshops are ready for immediate classroom implementation.
Based on the book NO! How One Simple Word Can Transform Your Life by Jana Kemp this full-day workshop brings the POWER of NO Decision Model to individuals and teams needing to improve their communication skills and decision-making effectiveness. To learn more about this workshop go to:
[gss-button url="http://www.janakemp.com/workshop-one-simple-word-can-transform-life/" target="_blank" color="black"]NO![/gss-button]
Looking for a meeting facilitator, a conference speaker or a workshop presenter on the subjects of meetings, time management or decision-making? Then, visit www.JanaKemp.com for information on these services and on learning tools such as DiSC®, time management, and managing stress.