better decisions at work & in life
Jana Kemp Services
Spending time with Jana Kemp is like spending time with a fresh spring breeze…and KNOWING that someone cares, deeply.
Jana’s developmental-editing support gave shape to my manuscript. Her urging to complete my book inspired me to get it done and published.
Training & workshops
Keynotes & Presentations
Are you stuck trying to get a business report compiled and completed? Or wanting to get your book written but just can’t seem to find the time? Jana Kemp works with organizational leaders to produce business reports of all kinds and with authors for idea generation, book organization, editing and writing collaboration.
In 2002, Jana Kemp completed the ten-week Idaho Police, Basic Patrol Academy. After Academy graduation, her law enforcement consulting work includes curriculum re-design, national research on state police training standards and curriculum selection (along with a presentation to NHTSA in D.C.), workshop leadership, and strategic planning facilitation. The results of Jana’s facilitation and project management leadership have included actionable strategic plans, implemented basic patrol curriculum, and repeated requests for facilitation support at statewide and regional meetings involving multiple agencies. Clients hire Jana years at a time, as well as for contracts that are separated by several years – proving the durable value of her work.
Clients include: local police and sheriff organizations; state police agencies; POST Councils; and the International Association of Directors in Law Enforcement Standards and Training. Ongoing work in the law enforcement community is an indicator of Jana’s recognized stature and leadership skills in command-and-control, chain-of-command environments.
Jana Kemp’s thought leadership in for-profit, not-for-profit, and government sectors includes the following.
- Knowing what is going on in the world around us;
- Being well-read and well-acquainted with multiple ideas that may sometimes appear to be in conflict;
- Gathering information from a variety of sources, making sense of it, and being able to share that “sense” with others for them to determine how they will, or will not, take action on ideas and information;
- Being a constant learner from multiple media;
- Providing well-thought-out ideas that provoke meaningful thinking and discussions by others;
- Supporting sound decision-making, based on decision models that include Jana’s Stanford University Press book “Moving Out of the Box”;
- Encouraging best-practice built-environments that are Human Responsive Design and able to support Human Resource Development (Talent Development), based on Jana’s co-autho9red book “Building Community in Buildings”;
- Compiling chaotic thoughts and ideas into actionable Agendas and guiding documents;
- Assimilating information and decisions into actionable steps for individuals, teams, and organizations to implement and pursue.
Ernest J. Lombard, FAIA
“Jana wrote my book while I told the stories and shared my vision for what I wanted it to be for readers. Her tireless support and vision-implementation led to my achievement of the 2017 GOLD Award in the Travel Category of the North American Book Awards. Jana also helped document my architectural career in such a way that I was able to earn Fellowship status in the American Institute of Architects on the first submission. I highly recommend Jana as a ghostwriter for all of your business and personal-legacy projects.”
North American Book Awards
2017 Travel Category GOLD medal winner Ernest J. Lombard, FAIA relied on Jana Kemp’s ghost-writing services for his award-winning book Life-A-Tecture: Build an Experience-Driven Life.