Fully present Support and Attention as a facilitator and speaker allows individuals and groups to:
- gather new information,
- make decisions, and
- commit to positive go-forward actions.
A recent group said “our conference was better because of your presence.”
That’s my goal, to contribute meaningful content in an enjoyable, easy-to-listen-to manner, that inspires ideas and action.
What makes speaking and facilitation different?:
- Speaking is providing information, ideas and insights to a group.
- Facilitation is working together with a group that is already knowledgeable about what needs to be done and that wants or needs help in getting decisions and action plans made AND implemented.
Facilitation services include:
- Preparing for the meeting event: advance document reviews, agenda setting, and goal/outcome agreement setting
- Facilitation of the meeting event: Whether the agenda is two hours or five days, professional and dynamic leadership gets the group through the agenda in an enjoyable way such that future actions are committed to during the meeting.
- Post-meeting event: minutes document prepared and electronically delivered.
Supporting individuals and groups as a speaker and facilitator in order to gather new information, brainstorm, make decisions and commit to positive go-forward actions, is Jana’s favorite work.
Why hire a facilitator?:
Facilitation is needed when a group is stuck and decisions need to be made; when teams are committing to action and not following through; and when priorities need to be reset so that action can be taken. When the people involved in daily implementation can all talk together with an outsider (who understands the inside) asking questions that lead to decision and action, the workplace and work outcomes improve dramatically.
A recent Summit group said “our conference was better because of your presence” — and that’s the goal, to contribute meaningful content in an enjoyable, easy-to-listen-to manner, that inspires ideas and action as both a speaker and facilitator.
A longstanding government client said this after day one of a two day facilitation: “We’ve already accomplished more today than I thought we’d accomplish in the entire meeting. Thank you.”
For-profit clients and conferences report: “Jana’s energetic presentation and clear expertise engages our audiences and moves them to improved personal actions and improved team interactions.”