Develop your own facilitation skills in Meeting Facilitation Training
During this Meeting Facilitation Training you will learn how to facilitate meetings.
The definition of facilitate is “to make easy” or “to ease a process.” What a facilitator does is plan, guide and manage a group meeting to ensure that the group’s objectives are met through effective meeting management as well as the management of group process.
During this workshop, participants will learn:
1. How to plan and prepare for the meeting. Specifically you will learn how to:
- Identify the goals of the meeting
- Help set the meeting agenda
- Determine who needs to be in attendance of the meeting
2. How to help meeting members achieve the goals of the meeting. Specifically you will learn how to:
- Keep track of time and monitor the agenda
- Manage and intervene in the process of the group as needed
- Encourage participation from all attendees
- Help participants understand different points of view
- Foster collaborative solutions that incorporate diverse points of view
- Teach new thinking skills and facilitate structured thinking activities
- Record decisions and agreements.
3. How to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the meeting. Specifically you will learn how to:
- Conduct an informal assessment of the meeting with meeting members
- Identify and give feedback to meeting members in order to improve their contribution to the group process.
Gain confidence in your ability to lead meetings more effectively. Everyone has suffered the pains of poorly run meetings. You can be a stand-out leader by honing your skills as a meeting facilitator. Discover what it takes to create the structure that brings productivity and even enjoyment to the meeting process. Leave with the tools needed to organize, conduct, and facilitate action-oriented meetings that lead to work getting done in-between meetings.
No more sit-and-spin/repeat meetings. You and your organization can spend time more productively each week.