Quotes can prompt thinking, inspire hope – or dread, and remind us of who we are or want to be. Here’s a collection of quotes that have stood out to me lately!
- “It’s Labor Day – do you know the history of this day?” ~ unknown
- Workplace Blog by Jana Kemp: “Behaviors we need from leaders right now include:
- Compassion and Kindness.
- Understanding that the current unrest and protests are symptoms of larger concerns and problems.
- Leadership! Take action to solve problems and to support truth tellers.
- Be aspirational! Call us to our higher selves, best behaviors, and positive potentials!
- From the September 2020 VOGUE Magazine:
- “Women view the world through a different lens, so they ask different questions in the first place.” ~ Melinda Gates, p. 117
- “Sitting down to make an intimate drawing is a conversation, a way of listening to what’s grumbling inside my body, and an attempt to transmit, nonverbally, an experience of being.” ~ Kara Walker, p. 121
- “What is the future of fashion if we are not leaving our homes?” ~ Laverne Cox, p. 158
- “It’s like farming; if you exhaust the land, you will not be able to farm anymore. You need to anticipate and rest so that you will have a balanced relationship, and I think it will take time for our (fashion) industry to really include that in its process.” ~ Pierre-Alexis Dumas, Hermes, p. 158
- “Products need to be either highly practical and more casual, or they need to make you smile – things that are a bit quirky and could seem frivolous but have the effect of cheering up the consumer. Let’s also remember that after the Spanish-flu pandemic, we had the Roaring Twenties. It is human nature to self-adorn and to want to show off and express one’s personality and mood though clothing. Fashion is a pendulum. The restraint of today will lead to the excess of tomorrow.” ~ Tom Ford, Chair of the Council of Fashion Designers of America, p. 159
- “I want to carry on making things that are precious. If you have a really strong signature, people will always want that.” ~ Molly Goddard, p. 159
- “…think and breathe and appreciate things. We need time to absorb a new idea, a new thought.” ~ Michael Kors, p. 176
- “…create something that makes them stop and say, ‘Wow, I want it!’” Donatella Versace p. 306
- And, questions we can all be asking ourselves: p. 178, from Miuccia Prada: “What do we do? What is fashion (or anything) for? What are we here for? What can fashion (or any business/activity) contribute to a community?”
Where will your reflections and collected inspiring quotes take you?
Invitation from Jana: Your meetings – online and in person – are your most important tool for achieving team successes. If you’re ready to take strategic steps toward managing meetings and results as effectively as possible, we’d love to talk with you about partnering.
Workplace – the Blog: Managing the moments of our day-to-day business lives takes work. Together, let’s explore what issues and activities affect us every day (or some days) that we go to work.